First, I am now out of my nocturnal sleeping schedule. Before you say "Finally!", I have to say that I am at most diurnal because I still don't sleep at nights properly. I'll be back being a nocturne in... 4 days. Maybe even less.
Story time! So I had this really weird dream. Not "tentacle-hentai" weird but still weird on its own. It involved a lot of jumping across roofs, almost breaking a few bones, going inside a large house that was home to 30-ish male children and 5 female ones, entertaining said children by some act(most likely a play and this part... was blurry) and finishing the said act only to find myself in a classroom.
Now here's the weird(for me) part. After doing the play, it's only natural for the actors to change into their normal clothes. As such, me and my classmates changed our clothes and slow as I was, I was left with two of my "classmates", Jinger and Girlie(to be fair, the former was my classmate in... kinder but I cannot say the same for the latter). The next class invades the classroom we were changing our clothes in and the 3 of us hurriedly tried to get out of the room, the next class of Grade 3/4 kids starts singing... Lupang Hinirang.
What happened next? We ran out of the room because we all knew that Panatang Makabayan was coming next.
I don't hate our country's national anthem. I hate the fact that we obliged by the rules and stood there to sing it with the little kids. That's a minute of my dreams. :( To be fair, I have no right to complain because it's been 3 years since my last flag ceremony(well, today, but that doesn't count much).
On a side note, I tried singing our national anthem from memory and here's what I came up:
Bayang magiliw
Perlas na sinilangan
Alab ng puso
Sa dibdib mo'y buhay
Lupang Hinirang
Duyan ka ng magiting
Sa manlulupig
Di ka pasisiil
Sa dagat at bundok
Sa simoy at
Sa langit mong bughaw
and that stops there. That's all I can remember from memory and you have no idea how depressing it is not knowing my own national anthem. I shall now Google the lyrics to it and try to remember it. Don't get me started with Panatang Makabayan.
Panatang Makabayan
Iniibig ko ang Pilipinas
Ito ang tahanan ng aking lahi
Ako'y kanyang kinukupkop
at tinutulungan
upang maging malakas, maligaya at kapakipakinabang
Bilang ganti ay diringgin ko ang payo ng aking mga magulang
Susundin ko ang...
And it stops there too! It's the old version as well so it isn't used now but I'll try to look for what's next.
Oh! My brother is awake and he says that after the "langit mong bughaw" part comes:
May dilag ang tula
Sa awit sa paglayang minamahal
May kislap ng watawat mo'y
Tagumpay na nagniningning
Ang bituin at araw niya
Kailan pa may di magdidilim
Lupa ng araw ng luwalhati't pagsinta
Buhay ay langit sa piling mo
Aming ligaya na pag may mang-aapi
Ang mamatay ng dahil sa'yo
Anyway, it's really depressing not knowing something I should never forget.
That'll be all for now. Ta-ta blog~ <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment