Friday, April 30, 2010

Rain, Rain, GO AWAY!

One of my friends had their Y! status set as "angry; leave me alone". I wanted to talk with them but I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to make things worse so I just let that friend be.

It's sad how that made me realize how little I know about my friends in the field of emotion. If they get angry, I don't know what to say to them to calm them down. Heck, I don't even know what to say to my own brother to calm him down when he's angry.

So I've been in thought this whole night about one thing: How do you calm someone who is angry?

When I'm angry, I tend to keep myself and think about what's bothering me(but it usually gets nowhere). I get disinterested in life, hug my doll, listen to calming music, EAT A LOT and only recently, write my thoughts down. But even with all of those things, sometimes, my head doesn't clear up as much as I want it to.


That's my way of coping with my feelings. I'm sure it varies from people to people. Take my family for example. My mom for example. When she's angry, she makes sure that everyone around her knows that she's angry and why she's angry. On the other hand, my dad mostly keeps to himself but he breaks/throws things away when he's mad. My brother copes with anger by leaving the house to hang out with his friends. They're his comfort blanket after all.

That should be all for tonight. I should put more thought into this.

To that friend: If you're reading this, I'm sorry that I can't be of much help to you and I hope that whatever it is that's bothering you goes away and that things turn out for the best.

PS.
I hope that we can all see the better side of things when we fail or when things don't turn out the way we want them to. Who knows? Maybe the grass is greener on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment